Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10-5-09

Hello family,

Well my companion right now, his name is Elder Aguilar, he is from the state of Mexico, its by the city of Mexico. He is pretty cool, we get along really well. He has like 18 months in his mission. We didn't work super hard last week, but we are hoping to work harder this week. But we get along really well and were having a lot of fun.
One of the other missionaries is from Guadalajara, but he was living in Arizona with his family left for his mission, he is in the same generation as me, but he was in a different area of the MTC so I don't know him very well. The other missionary is a district leader and he is from Puebla, and he has quite a bit of time in his mission. After a week in this area, umm... well its dirty. Most of the roads are dirty, and after it rains mud, and well the roads that are paved have dirt all over them, so they are pretty much dirty roads too. Really nobody has money, most people live in very basic cement houses or wood houses. The people here are a lot better than in my past area. There are a lot of members, and quite a few are active. Our bishop is way cool and his wife is American. She watched conference with all of us American missionaries in English. She is pretty funny. She is from Virgina, and speaks Spanish with a Virgina accent. But the best thing was we ate with them on Sunday. And we ate a hamburger potato combination thing, which was really good, potato salad, and best of all, brownies!!!!!!!! It was my first time here in Mexico. I ate a lot of brownies.lol. I was so happy.
But ya conference was really good. Elder Holland talk was very direct, I think Saturday morning was the best, honestly. Priesthood was really good too.
luckily for us the weather seems to be cooling down a little bit. I hope because it was really hot the first couple days here. but I am re-adjusting.

ooooh Some of my companions in the past. I have been trying really hard to learn a lesson of some sort from every one of my companions and leaders, and I have been able to. My zone leaders right now are pretty cool. They are both Americans from California. But there are a lot of people in my zone that I don't know. One thing that I have learned is that both of the companions have to be willing to work together.
Well I think that is all for right now. Write my back here if you can. I hope everything is going good for you guys. Good luck with the pigs. I love you all.

Bye
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment