Friday, October 16, 2009

10-12-09

Dear family,

Well I will start with the request first. Gold fish and trail mix from Costco. I was really crazing those to things the other day.

Well we had a pretty good week, we had a lot of bad luck. I broke two pedals this week on my bike and my companion broke his bike and I popped two tires. We were short on lessons. We seem to only be able to work in the night, because nobody is ever home during the day. That has been very difficult, but we are going to baptize and mother and son. and we found a lady who is a member that just moved here from Mexico city that has a lot of children that are not baptized, so we are hoping to maybe be able to baptize them too. The people here are pretty great, but they all work in factories, and there hours are always like 8 to 8 or weird hours like that, so we have had a hard time finding new people. We had a ward party Saturday night that was pretty fun. There wasn't a ton of people there, but it was good. They had the Mexico El Salvador game going, and then one of the brothers told me United States one, and we ate a lot of barbecued chicken. It was a good time and I got to meet some more of the members. There are a lot here.

I briefly told Mackenzie about our neighbor. He is pretty crazy, he sits out in front of his house all day watching soccer. His wife works in McAllen. He is always talking about Joseph Smith and we are always trying to get him to go to church but he just wants to make jokes. He always shows me his American microwave food and ask me if I am hungry. Its funny, but sometimes its annoying. I will have to take some pictures this week.

We are going to try and relax today. That's all I can think of for now.

I love you all. bye

ELder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment