Wednesday, October 28, 2009

10-26-09






Dear Family

Well to start out with the best news, we had 2 baptisms yesterday, and we are going to have another this week so that was pretty fun. The one baptisms was pretty hard because she had had a lot of problems and so the interview was about an hour and a half and our district leader had to call President Mendoza, but everything went through fine.
But this week was pretty bad. We didn't teach many lessons and we didn't get many new people, and well almost all of our investigators fell, and so now we don't really have anything to do, and we have to contact all day, which never is fun. But hopefully we will be able to find some new people this week.
My companion and I are still getting along pretty well, but in general everything is fine. We have taken a lot of photos this week so I am going to send you some of them. I have me usb memory stick and I am putting all of my photos on it, that should be a lot safer. I think I will buy another one in a couple months I can put all of my photos on it, and I can send it to you so that you have lots of photos, I will continue to send photos every week too.
Thanks for sending me the package, if you can throw some photos in there, I really want one of the family in the barn, and ya I guess I will just sit here and wait for it to arrive.
I have been having some problems with me back, its been really really tight, and I was think about what the doctor said, about how I might have problems on the bike. I am going to talk with President Mendoza in my interview and tell him that walking would be better than on a bike.
We had a funny story this week, we had to drain the font so we could refill it for our baptism, and well the tank was filled. We had to drain the tank by running the sprinklers for 3 hours, so that we could drain and refill the baptismal font. It took a long time and it was pretty frustrating but, when we figured out what we had to do it was pretty funny.
Its been kinda hard, the mission isn't baptizing at all right now. A couple weeks ago we only had 12 baptisms in the whole mission. So the leaders are putting a lot of pressure on us to commit people to baptize more, the numbers really are not improving at all. We will see what happens here in the future.
Thanks for everything. I love you all a lot.

Bye
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment