Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009

First of course I am calling on Mothers Day! I don't know when though. My schedule is always different and I never know what is going on because my companion never tells me.

Some special request are my pillow, because they don't provide us one here, some honey because they don't sell it here and some strawberry jam because they don't have that either. I can buy bread and peanut butter. I get packages when the office receives them, when the APs make contact with the zone leaders, and then the zone leaders make contact with us. Its about every two weeks or so. We had zones conference last week and next week on Monday we have special conference, so we have p'day on Tuesday next week.

I would just tell Cathy to send them and pray that they are not rock hard when I get them.lol. I really want Cathys cookies! They don't have cookies here like they have in America. They have crackers, which are cookies here, they are really good but i want cookie cookies.

The temple is in south Monterrey. It is really cool. It is in a really really nice part of Monterrey. There are some houses by it that are the biggest houses i have ever seen! Its a beautiful area.

My city is called Miguel Aleman. It is across from Roma Texas. It is not a huge city but it is bigger than Lynden, and we have some members out in Los Guerra which is like a mile away. I have no clue how many people are in the branch its not that big. The members are pretty nice. we get fed everyday and its really good food, I haven't had to eat anything weird yet. I drink over a gallon of water a day, its pretty crazy. Its been like 90-95 degrees here, which is pretty warm. My companion said in summer its average 104 or so. It feels pretty good. I come home ever night covered in sweat and I am getting a lot of rashes but I just ignore them. But yes, the town is pretty nice, there are a lot of rich people here. But there are still dogs everywhere and trash everywhere. And I have come to the conclusion that most people are not as poor as it seems. A lot of the people just spend all of there money on clothes and food and not there houses. I am slowly getting use to it. I don't think I will ever get use to the bugs everywhere though. That always grosses me out.

As far as the food, the milk here is really gross, the chocolate tastes funny, I'm not sure what it is. The ice cream taste funny and people don't eat it much.
The yogurt is really good though. I always buy the drinkable yogurts because they are pretty cheap. I found out the other day that I have been eating mashed potatoes on all of my tacos. I thought it was a corn mush but then I asked and the family said no its mashed potatoes. They eat corn tortillas with everything! Litterally! and they are really cheap like 15 pesos for 200 toritillas. they are really good too. One of the hermannas makes really really good flour tortillas! One of my room-mates eats everything raw. He eats uncooked hotdogs and he also eats raw chorizo(which is like a sausage meat) its really gross and he always tries to get me to eat it.

I have made a friend here in my branch, it is the branch presidents son. he is probably 4 or 5 im not sure. I don't understand much of what he says but he is pretty funny.

I don't think it is ever going to rain here. Its cloudy sometimes in the morning but its always hot and sunny in the afternoon. I am getting pretty tan on my face and arms. And my hair is getting lighter.

The work here is pretty fun. It doesn't seem like we are working very hard but I really don't know. We have about 10 people we are going to give baptismal dates to this month and a couple baptism this month.
Yesterday, sacrament meeting was canceled so we had sacrament meeting in our house with the other companionship. Then each of us shared a spiritual message. I pretty much just cried because I was so frustradted but through it I had grown a lot closer to my Heavenly Father because I had nobody else to talk to. One of the other elders, started trying to tell me in English how he knew that is was really hard for American missionaries and how well I was doing and how good my Spanish is. My Spanish really is pretty good, and I can understand quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment