Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18, 2009

The food here is good but I do miss good American food a lot. We have been eating out a lot it seems, one of the brothers takes us out to eat every Saturday so we get some really good food. Most of the peoples houses we eat at is really good also. They don't eat sea food here very much. We eat mostly beef and chicken, which are both really good.

Yesterday at church I was talking with our branch presidents father. He was telling me that he lived in Roma for a while and he watched them film a John Wayne movie. I tried to tell him the John Wayne was one of my grandpas favorite movie stars, I think, that he thought I said John Wayne is my grandpa. I tried to correct him, but he just kept asking me why I wasn't in Hollywood and some other stuff I'm not sure about. He is a really funny guy!

hi Kaden
hi Mackenzie
hi Jensen
hi Kyla
Wow that was really hard and took. WOW 2 seconds lol. jk

Being a minority is really different, its really not that bad, most people are really nice, I just say buenas to every body, at this point most people are use to seeing a white missionary in Migeul Aleman. This week has actually been really nice, its been 70 or 80 and Saturday we got some crazy rain! it was pouring and we got stuck out in it riding our bikes, It was pretty crazy! And there was thunder. And when we were riding home everybody was standing under cover laughing at us. It was really fun. Last night i was freezing for some reason. I was really surprised!

This week was pretty crazy to say the least. I have learned a lot more about being a missionary.
And Wednesday we went to Diaz Ordaz.
This week was really slow. a lot of people weren't home and we wasted a lot of time, and we didn't teach many lessons, I was really frustrated because my companion and I would plan and then end up doing something else. This week i am gonna lay down the hammer so it doesn't happen again. But on the good side, We had 11 people at church on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!! which was way awesome, and one of the investigating family's that always come wasn't there. So we easily could have had 16 people at church.

Hermano Felipe and his spouse are doing really good, They are working on getting married and he is working on not drinking. We had a really good lesson Saturday night that I taught about goals.

We had a new family attend church and they really liked it. The wife has a baptismal date for 31 I think so hopefully we will baptize their whole family!

So it was a okay, week, the other problem is I bought this really sweet Ferrari shirt! but then I got home and it was too small. It was only 200 pesos, The lady kept telling me that is was an extra grande but its was actually a medium. Oh well. It was mostly to small in the arms. One of our investigators commented on how I had lost a lot of weight, so that is really good and I have, I can defiantly feel it. Wow, I wrote a lot today. I have lots of pictures but I don't have time to upload them. I will try next week!

Love Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment