Saturday, June 20, 2009

6-22-09

Yeah I am learning that a mission is a lot different than I thought it would be. I am starting to understand what I have to do as a missionary and its defiantly not be myself, which I don't really like very much but I don't have much of a choice.

During special conference today, one of the temple president councilors spoke about how we are only responsible for our actions and how we need to do our part and if we don't then its our fault. And the problems we have don't matter because we are missionaries. I liked the talk a lot, it had a lot of really good points. I have to do it. The mission defiantly isn't easy. I have learned a ton of patience and even more humility already. I imagine I will learn a lot more.

We had another baptism yesterday it was really rushed because everybody wanted to eat. Our ward prepared a whole bunch of food and cake and it was really good. But the baptism went well. We have another one this Sunday and possible 3 more and Saturday maybe. I don't know because my companion keeps changing his mind.

Because today president lectured us for a long time about how we would only have success if we worked together with our companions, and I am the only person in our companionship that has more than 1 baptism, I believe. Right now I have 7 with as many as 4 more this weekend. So I am pretty confused right now. I am just gonna keep working and having a better attitude. thanks for the love and support. I love you all and miss you.

Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment