Sunday, July 19, 2009

6-29-09





Wow it sounds like there has been a lot going on!

This week has been pretty calm. We had 2 more baptisms yesterday. Both of them were older men. I don't think any of them were ready, I taught them lesson 1 and then my companion asked them to be baptized and then we never taught the other lessons. But its not my responsibility. The mission is really a lot different then what I thought it would be. Pres. Mendoza always tells us the missionary work is hard. I really don't think its hard, the missionary work is the best thing in the world and its really not that hard at all. I mean going out and talking with different people all day and sharing the gospel. I love doing that. What is hard is working with your companion and getting along. I don't understand. All the people here are here to serve missions but there are some elders who just don't want to work with other people, and then there are some people who just want to be friends with everybody. Its really interesting the clash of personalities, especially with Americans and Mexicans. But I am really learning a lot. I have been trying to study really hard the past couple weeks. and its really paying off a lot. I am learning a ton about the scriptures and about the gospel. Currently I am reading the book of Mormon is Spanish but it is pretty slow.lol.

Really my Spanish is pretty good. I can communicate and understand pretty well. I have a lot left to learn but i have learned a lot. I am pretty satisfied, because the president of the mtc told us if we worked really hard and studied we would be able to communicate and understand within 5 months and i feel like I have achieved that. But of course i have to keep learning a lot.

The packages to Mcallen I get during conferences( which are about every 3 weeks) and sometimes when I see the zone leaders. So really about every 2 or 3 weeks. And don't send anything to Roma right now because transfers are next Monday and I have a chance of getting transferred because I have been here for 2 transfers.

When do you leave for Idaho? is the whole family going? like aunts and uncles? Take some pictures to send me so that I have them! Its a lot more beautiful there and here. Mexico is beautiful but there is so much trash and its so dirty and so its only really kind of beautiful.
I found out some interesting information this week.
My companions family is moving to Vancouver Canada, and so when he returns and I return we will be neighbors. He has about 6 more months than I do. So I will return shortly after he does. I tried to use this as an excuse to be better friends but he was pretty neutral and didn't seem to care much.
I think that is all right now. I hope all is well. I am really jealous you get to go to Idaho without me. I love you all.

Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment