Sunday, July 19, 2009

7-6-09



Well I got a new area today. Now I am in Monterrey in Apodaca. Its really different here. Our area is absolutely huge and we are walking the whole time. So i am going to be really tired here for a while. Its a lot cooler here which is nice because it was getting really hot out in the frontier and it was getting really annoying. Right now its raining off and on and we have some gnarly thunderstorms. It feels really good its a nice change from the heat of Miguel Aleman. My area is a lot cleaner but its kind of a ghetto. It's not to bad, buts there is a lot of people here. Most of Apodaca has a lot of money so I'm pretty sureIi got one of the few areas that doesn't have a lot of money. But I have heard really good things about our area and we have a really good ward. We have 4 baptisms this Saturday which will be really exciting. Really I am just happy its not as hot. I saw a lot of people from my generation today because we had the transfers. Elder Boucher was telling me about how everybody is talking about how its gonna get really really hot next month, like 40 or 45. Well its been 45 in Miguel Aleman for the last month so, I had to laugh at that.
My new companion is Elder Del Toro. He is kinda of quiet but he seems a lot more laid back then Elder Moro was. So I think he will be a little easier to work with. But I was telling Pres. Mendoza today how I was really grateful for the opportunity to work with him because I learned a lot of patience and obedience. I have a lot of photos but I don't have any batteries that have energy so I cant send pics. I might try. So I think next week I will send a bunch of pictures again. I have to admit i was sad to leave Miguel Aleman. It was a really fun town and it was nice and small. Monterrey just keeps going and going and going and it seems like its never going to end.lol.
It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun in Idaho. How much longer are you staying there?

I was kinda bummed I missed the fireworks this year. I was thinking that I would be able to see them in Texas, but then one of the hermanos told me ¨ No they are all Mexican they don't care about celebrating the 4th of July¨ so that was pretty funny. And then on Sunday we went and visited Hermano Torres and we had the best horchatta ever!!!!!!!!!! It was from El Salvador and wow, it was really good to say the least. We had some really good food Thursday, Saturday and Sunday last week. And my companion was telling me we get some really good food here in the area. We are going for Hamberguesas tonight at the house of one of our members. So I look forward to this area. I am a little bit nervous being in the city like this but I will get use to it. I think that is everything. Drive home safely. I love you all and hope all is well.

Lata
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment