Thursday, June 4, 2009

6-1-09

*This is Brendon's comment about us having a yard sale, we write to him on Sunday night so he is able to read a letter from us when he gets on the Internet to send his email.

*So how much did you get for all of my stuff? I hope its a decent amount at least.lol. jk. I know that you wouldn't do that. We have had some pretty crazy weather here. We have had a lot of thunder storms, and then we also get these crazy electrical storms that is lightning with no thunder and it stays in the clouds. They are usually in the afternoon or evening. And we random get rain and it comes down really really hard. But its been really nice during the day and 80 sometimes 90. I am no going to complain at all. I like it a lot.

Well my new comp is better. He is already pretty frustrated with the fact that I don't speak much Spanish. He is from Mexico City and so I don't understand him at all. And he mumbles his words so I really don't understand him. But he wants to work more than my other companion.
The difficult thing for me is he likes things to be perfect! wow, he spent most of the morning rearranging our house because he didn't like the way it was. So I don't know, its gonna be interesting.

This is the first week though that has gone by pretty fast so that is good news.
we have 3 baptisms next week which is way awesome! Its a mother and her 2 daughters. We might be able to get baptisms the week after and after that one. We have a couple good families and some solo people. But we need to work on finding more new people. My new companion doesn't really like contacting people a lot. So its pretty back and forth. On Friday we knocked on the door of this house, and the guy said "Oh I have one of your books, its really an awesome book. He told us he read the whole thing a while back. But he didn't realize what exactly the Book of Mormon was. Then he started telling us these stories about UFOs and other superstitious stuff and it was pretty funny. He was kind of a cooky guy, but he might be a good investigator.

This week I was thinking back to the mtc and we had a lot of stuff happen, here are the exciting things that happened in the mtc
My companion got hives and had to go to the hospital.
Somebody put a hotpocket in the microwave for way to long and set off the fire alarms.
We where one of the first classrooms to get desk and chairs.
Some of the eagle scout association religious board people, came the the mtc and talked with our class.
and on our last p.e. day we had a kid clothesline himself on the volleyball nets and got a really bad concussion and had to go to the hospital, and we didn't get much of a p.e. time.
that's all I can think of for now.
thanks for the letters. I hope all is well

Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment