Monday, August 24, 2009

8-17-09

Dear Family,

Nope I didn't get transferred I am still in good ole Azteca, but thank heavens I got a new companion. The last transfer was really bad, but I got a new companion and I have a lot of hope for this transfer. But its kinda of hard to have a lot of hope because my last 3 companions have started out really good and then ended up really bad, but I am going to just keep doing my part and hoping for the best. I definitely am learning a lot here. And really I have been able to find a really important lesson from each of my companions. Last Tuesday I had a really good talk with my district leader( he is from California) we talked about the mission and why we are here and what we need to do here. It was really a great talk, and it was all because my companion was having so many problems.

Last week we were at the church talking with one of the brothers, and this teenage girl came up and starting talking to us and then she told about how she was interested in the church and she wanted to know more, and how her boy friend is serving a mission right now, but her parents don't really like the church. And the brother shared his feelings and it was really good. And then a couple days later we went to talk with her parents and her dad didn't want to listen and her mom was really hesitant, and then the lesson didn't really go that well, because my companion had been really mad at me the whole day. But I think my new companion(Elder Costilla) and I can make a difference and I really hope we can baptize her and her family.

Tomorrow we one of the presidents of the seventy and another member of the seventy are coming to talk to us, and its only for the missionaries in the city, i am really excited! It should be really good and a really good opportunity to learn.
Here in the mission right now we are starting to search for a new house to live in, because Hermana Mendoza doesn't want us living in Fomerrey 11 anymore. And Elder Costilla and I are going to start focusing on the other part of our mission that is a nicer area. it should be good, and I am excited to see what results we get from it. I think we are going to set a goal for baptisms this transfer and really try and achieve it.

Wow you are doing a lot there at the house. I would say one of the best way to learn Spanish is watch movies in Spanish with English subtitles that way you can hear it and then try and pick up words and write them down. that would be really cool if you could speak in some Spanish when i get home because I am not going to be able to speak English, its awkward right now to speak English and I just end up speak Spanish.lol.
I hope all is well and that you guys are doing good, write me back right now if you can. bye
Love
Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment