Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8-03-09

Well I am continuing to feel better everyday, I am close to perfect, but it took a big tole on me to say the least.
This week was another tough one, but we are starting to see some investigators pop up out of the contacts. But the bad news is we have the goal for 6 baptisms this month and three of the six moved to other places, and so now we are down to 3, but we should be able to find more. We have 3 others that are possibilities. This week was also a little crazy. We saw a fight on Friday, and then last night there was 2. The one was early in the evening and the other was in the night. The one in the night was 2 different gangs throwing beer bottles and cement chunks at each other. And for the first time here we saw the police, I really was quite surprised, but they showed up after it had calmed down quite a bit. Hna Mendoza told us we need to search for a new house, because this area is kinda of dangerous. But we are not really finding any other houses, so I don't know what will happen.

If you could send me some stamps for the U.S. that way I can send letters that would be great. I can give my letters to the zone leaders and then they can get mailed through Texas. but I don't have any stamps and if you want to send me some other stuff that"s good or fun that would be cool too. thanks.

wow it sounds like there is a lot going on there. Jensen is playing football? How's that going for him? Do you like it Jensen? It sounds like you have lots of vegetables. We have a farmers market here in our area just around the corner from our house every Saturday, Sunday and Monday, its really quite impressive, it has all sorts of different things and lots of food. People play bingo to get different household items or food, there is 4 or 5 different places you can play. Its funny. Its been really hot here the last couple days, but on Friday it was really nice, we had some huge thunderstorms and then rain, and it cooled off a little bit but now its hot again. I am doing pretty good here in Mexico. I love you all. Bye.


Elder Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment